Wednesday, November 25, 2015

| Christkindl Market |





A couple of days ago I took a day trip up to Chicago, and got to experience Christkindl Market for the first time. Unfortunately it was so cold that I  neglected capturing any photos of the German market in order to keep my frost bitten hands stuffed inside my pockets, but it was a wonderful time. The market is filled with handmade clocks, ornaments, foods, scarves and many other  trinkets; each intricately and delightfully crafted. None of the sellers were pushy, and the whole atmosphere was warm and festive. The crowd was filled with the smell of warm beers and ciders, the German language intertwining softly with words of other dialects, and pigeons flitting in between the bustling groups. Overall it gave the irreplaceably pleasant feeling of one being inside Hogsmeade* right before Christmas. I would advise anyone in the Chicago area looking for some festivity to visit it this Holiday season.

*In case any Muggles were confused, Hogsmeade is a town from Harry Potter.


2 comments:

  1. I would love to see what you picked up at the market in another post!

    www.creaturesoftweed.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sophie,
      The market was a sort of last minute thing during our trip, so I didn't have enough money with me to buy anything other than an ornament for my nephew, but thank you for the feedback! xx
      -Linden

      Delete